In origin the Oratory was part of the Hospital of Saint Paul. Following the tradition Saint Francis of Assisi visited it in 1221. In 1602, due to the blessed Ippolito Galantini a silk weaver, it become a school dedicated to the instruction of apprentices in the silk guild.
The rectangular Oratory was designed by Giovanni and Matteo Nigetti. It contains frescoes by Giovanni da S. Giovanni, Cecco Bravo, Pietro Liberi and Volterrano.
For any information:
Oratorio dei Vanchetoni
Via Palazzuolo (055 695000).