The museum was donated to the city of Florence by Stefano Bardini (1836-1922), internationally renowned merchant and art connoisseur, who established his prestigious antiques gallery in the Piazza de’ Mozzi complex, that was then converted into an impressive neo-Renaissance palazzo.
Altars, stairs, portals, columns and ceilings from churches and palaces were used to create rooms with an antique atmosphere, which even today can be perceived as one of the most interesting features of this museum.
The collection contains masterpieces of painting and sculpture such as the Charity by Tino di Camaino, the Virgin of the Cordai by Donatello, the Archangel Michael by Antonio del Pollaiolo and many fine examples of the minor arts: ceramics, medals, bronzes, oriental rugs, musical instruments and a small but impressive collection of arms.
For any information:
Piazza de’ Mozzi 1 (055 2342427).
Temporarily closed due to restoration works.