The Renaissance Palazzo Rucellai was built in successive phases, in the second half of the 15th c. by Bernardo Rossellino, to plans by Leon Battista Alberti, which designed also the triangular square Piazza de’ Rucellai.
The façade, which was left unfinished on the right side, feature the classical stacking of orders. On the three floors there are small squared windows on the lower floor and mullioned windows on the upper floors.
Perpendicular to the palazzo is the Loggia Rucellai (1463-66), with three arcades with fluted cornices, now protected by plate glass.
For any information:
Via della Vigna Nuova (055 218975).